Call for Proposals
1. Regional Program on Remittances and Savings
Yearly international remittances flows to Latin America and the Caribbean exceed $ 60 billion. To expand the savings options among remittances senders and recipients the Multilateral Investment Fund has developed the Remittances and Savings program. This initiative will promote the development and roll out of saving products tailored to international remittances services clients, providing them with greater security and opportunities for asset accumulation.
The Program will provide technical cooperation funds to projects that develop and implement business strategies, including the design of liquid and planned savings products, targeted to remittance clients.
The Program will provide up to US$400,000 to an estimate of 10 projects.
Detailed criteria for which institutions are eligible for funding.
Expression of interest form
2. Knowledge Transfer Program
The program finances knowledge transfer projects from a project partner to other organizations.
3. ProSavings Program: Linking Social Protection Payments to Savings
Call for project proposals to develop and implement liquid and contractual savings products targeting low-income recipients of social protection payments such as conditional cash transfer programs in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The ProSavings Program invites proposals from financial intermediaries such as, social protection agencies and financial inclusion programs acting in partnership with financial institutions, regulated financial intermediaries authorized to capture deposits (banks or credit unions), and financial sector networks. The program will provide technical assistance to support business strategies that link savings to social protection payments in the following areas:
- Development of business case to implement liquid or planned savings products
- Design or adjustment of savings products
- Staff training for financial institutions as well as social protection agencies or financial inclusion programs
- Promotional activities and marketing focused on savings products, tailored to the characteristics of the targeted client segment
- Adaptation of information systems to incorporate new savings products
- Development of alternative distribution channels for savings products
- Development of customer service platforms
Institutions interested in participating and for all other questions regarding ProSavings please contact email@example.com
4. Technologies for Financial Inclusion Program
Third call for project ideas to use effective and innovative technology solutions to increase and improve low-income populations’ access to financial services in Latin America and the Caribbean. Call closed on July 4. Ideas are currently in the evaluation stage. More information.
The first regional call for proposals of the EcoMicro program: green finance for all closed on April 17. More information.